ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Demolished

KELTY CINEMA RECORD

Picture House

Main Street

View location on Google Maps
Picture House, KeltyView full size

1976 View

Built in 1910 as the Gothenburg Public Hall but was soon

converted to showing films when it became the Gothenburg Picture House.

A clock tower was added in 1925 as a gift to the people of Kelty. The

interior had a barrel vaulted ceiling and a horseshoe shaped balcony.

The cinema closed in the 1960s and was later used as a raincoat factory

until about 1975, when it was demolished to make way for council flats.

Photos, information and other items courtesy of Steve Lynch.

Last updated: 29 July 2026