Main Street
Picture House
Edit ↗View location on Google Maps
View full-size photograph1976 View
Built in 1910 as the Gothenburg Public Hall but was soon
converted to showing films when it became the Gothenburg Picture House.
A clock tower was added in 1925 as a gift to the people of Kelty. The
interior had a barrel vaulted ceiling and a horseshoe shaped balcony.
The cinema closed in the 1960s and was later used as a raincoat factory
until about 1975, when it was demolished to make way for council flats.
Photos, information and other items courtesy of Steve Lynch.







