Opened as the Tower Picture House in 1927 by John Maxwell Brown with seating for 809 and a small stage with two dressing rooms.
Sold to Scottish Cinema and Variety Theatres/ABC in 1932.
Closed following storm damage on 15th January 1968. Demolished around 1973. The name was later re-used for a cinema operation in the former St Columba Church in the town in the 2010s.

