Originally public hall built in 1883. Leased to various members of the Palmer family as a cinema until around 1960.
Converted into a theatre in 1977, with a new fly tower, dressing rooms and public areas built around the structure of the original hall. The first production was Sleeping Beauty in December that year, performed by East Kilbride Rep. Still operated by the local authority with seats for around 300.

