ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Unknown/Other

TRANENT CINEMA RECORD

Winton

High Street

View location on Google Maps
Winton, TranentView full size

Opened 1921; closed 1960s. Part-time cine-bingo until 1972. Warehouse for a while, now a church.

Originally owned by William

Codona, who had previously run a number of travelling cinema Bioscope shows

operating in the Edinburgh

area. Before that he had a theatre booth, in which he and his family

played the principal roles,

known as the 'Geiggey'.

Photo below of the side of the auditorium courtesy of Norrie Mcnamee.

Last updated: 29 July 2026