Hamilton Street , and was Kemps first purpose built cinema in the area
when it opened on 6th October, 1913.
On the occasion of its golden jubilee in 1963
it again showed Quo Vadis. La Scala was twinned in the 1970s and
continued as a cinema until a few years ago when it became a
Weatherspoons public house. The interior is now unrecognisable as a cinema.
Click
for an archive shot
courtesy of Norrie Mcnamee, or
Golden Jubilee image courtesy of Michael J. Timmons.


















