ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Demolished

PERTH CINEMA RECORD

Pavilion

Address not recorded

Pavilion, PerthView full size

Opened as temporary structure on

5th June 1920 on Perth's North Inch under the care of well known Perth

Cinema owner James Currie. This was a seasonal affair and mainly used

to host live performances including Pierrot Shows. On Saturday 30th

June 1928 following a lapse of 4 years James Currie rebuilt the New

Pavillion on Perth's South Inch at the Marshall Place/Edinburgh Road

junction. The New Pavilllion was able to cater for 600 patrons. It ran

until around the time of the 2nd World War and by that time it was

principally showing films as opposed to Live Performances. It later

became a famous Truck Stop for commercial vehicles before being

demolished during the 1960's.

Last updated: 29 July 2026