Building dates from 1800s, with a cinema auditorium built at the rear
in 1911, and the left-hand part of building converted to entrance.
Reopened
1931 with sound. Closed 1961, bought & reopened by Visochhi’s 1962,
closed 1969, building restored to original exterior in the 1970s and
the caf extended into what was the foyer. The auditorium was demolished in 1994.
The building is B-listed .
The postcard below shows the building with the cinema entrance.


