Demolished
Image, c.1972, courtesy of George Millar
Station Road
County
Edit ↗View location on Google Maps
Image, c.1972, courtesy of George MillarImage above and
A private company was formed to acquire land for the purpose of erecting a cinema 26/3/38.
The cinema opened on 12th September 1938. Original seating was for 600, later reduced
(to avoid Entertainment Tax!) to 400. BTH Projectors and sound.
Cinema listed in the phone books of 1969 and 1980. Later used as a bingo hall, now demolished.
Information courtesy of Dave Stewart



