Hamilton Cinemas
Granada/Playhouse
157 - 165 Quarry Street
Photo courtesy Norrie Mcnamee.
Opened 1881 (or 1887?) as the Victoria (Music) Hall, seating 1,500.
Renovated & renamed the Playhouse in 1909 - becoming Hamilton's first cinema. Renamed the Granada, 19??
Reverted to live theatre use as Granada Theatre, in December 1947.
Closed in 1958. Now derelict after a period as shop use. Plans have
been submitted to demolish the auditorium for flats, but to retain the
frontage.
C(s) listed .





