ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Closed/Repurposed

GLASGOW CINEMA RECORD

Queen's

Other names: Tonic – Tonic

160, Battlefield Road

View location on Google Maps
Queen's, GlasgowView full size

Opened in 1922, and originally seated around 500. Renamed the Tonic in 1934, it closed to films in

  1. Was a sports shop for a while, now a pub.

The cinema was in the basement and front garden of the tenement behind, and was known locally as 'the catacombs'.

Photo c1980 courtesy Chris Doak, showing the tenement block behind, since demolished.

Last updated: 31/7/26 at 20:13 by editor