ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Demolished

GLASGOW CINEMA RECORD

Garrick

Other names: Western

173-177, Dumbarton Road

View location on Google Maps
Garrick, GlasgowView full size

Opened in January 1916 by the Garrick Cinema Co. Ltd., as a

purpose-built cinema. The architect was H Campbell, who provided

seating for 900. It was renamed the Western in 1919. Its popularity

lead to it being extended in 1921, to designs by CJ McNair.

Seating was then for 1,211. it closed in 1966 and was demolished

in April 1979.

Last updated: 29 July 2026