Opened 1930 by JM Drummond on the site of the earlier Crown cinema, designed by architects Lennox & McMath, with seating for 900. Sold to Associated GP Cinemas and renamed in April 1948. Closed September 1970. Demolished 1974.
Archive catalogue notes: o. 1930 by JM Drummond on site of old Crown. Arch. Lennox & McMath. s. 900. Sold to Ass. GP Cinemas, renamed, 4.48. Cl. 14.9.70. Dem. 1974.
Operator (archive catalogue): JM Drummond; GP

