ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Demolished

GLASGOW CINEMA RECORD

Casino

149, Castle St, Townhead

View location on Google Maps
Casino, GlasgowView full size

Opened October 1911 by AE Pickard. Purpose built as a cinema by

architect George A Boswell to seat 987. Sold to the Glasgow Casino

Ltd., in March 1924. Closed in February 1965. Used for bingo until

  1. Demolished in 1973.

Last updated: 29 July 2026