ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Demolished

GLASGOW CINEMA RECORD

Carlton

150, Castle St, Townhead

View location on Google Maps
Carlton, GlasgowView full size

Glasgow Cinemas - Carlton

Opened 1926 by James

Graham, and designed by architects Duff & Cairns to seat 1,619.

Sold to Glasgow and West of Scotland Theatres in April 1945. Sold to

CMA (Rank), in April 1955. Closed and demolished in 1966.

Last updated: 29 July 2026