Glasgow Cinemas
2-28 Olympia Street (formerlly Charles Street)
Image c.1960s. The Olympia is on the left, the Picturedrome on the right,
- with central entrance now bricked up, but the poster boards still visible on the side walls.
Original Image
Opened 1910 by West of Scotland Electric Theatres, from a pre-existing hall. Architect George A Boswell. Leased to Green's from 1912 and renamed Picturedrome. Closed c.1932. Later industrial units; demolished sometime after the mid-1960s. Now a green space.
Pictured in Britain from Above collection:
https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/en/image/SPW042529
Featured in Getty Images:
https://www.gettyimages.no/detail/news-photo/bridgeton-cross-glasgow-is-inundated-with-floodwaters-after-news-photo/3255090

