ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Demolished

GLASGOW CINEMA RECORD

Arcadia

484, London Road / Canning St

View location on Google Maps
Arcadia, GlasgowView full size

Opened on Hogmanay 1930 by ABC. The architect was WB Inglis, and the

building originally sat 1,409. It was sold to Harry Winocour in 1939,

then sold to Green's in November 1954. It closed as a cinema in April

1962, and was used as a bingo hall, before being demolished in 1971.

Last updated: 29 July 2026