ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Closed/Repurposed

FALKIRK CINEMA RECORD

Picture House

Bank Street

View location on Google Maps
Picture House, FalkirkView full size

Building opened in 1843 as an Evangelical Union Church. When the

congregation moved to St Modan’s Church in 1915

the roof was remodelled and the

original stone walls used as the basis for a new brick structure as a cinema c.1920.

This was apparently the first Falkirk cinema

to show ‘The Jazz Singer’, in 1929.

Later enlarged to seat 1,100.

Used as Gala Bingo until recently, now a Wetherspoons bar.

An exterior shot of the auditorium can be found

here,

and a shot of the building when on bingo is

Image as a cinema below courtesy of ' dusashenka '

Last updated: 29 July 2026