ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Closed/Repurposed

ELGIN CINEMA RECORD

Picture House

25-27, South Street

View location on Google Maps
Picture House, ElginView full size

Opened 1926. Closed 1964. Seated ~700. Now

Carlton Bingo.

The mansard roof above the entrance was a later addition.

The PH proprietors sitting in front of the entrance.

From L to R, they are Mr. W.P.Austin, Mr. J.S. Soutar, & Mr. John Cormack.

Exterior - archive

Exterior - side

Interior (archive 1)

Interior (archive 2)

Manager - Ian Mclean

Interior - Current

Stairs to balcony

Balcony foyer

(door to proj. room on left)

Advert for the Picture House, courtesy of David Low:

Last updated: 29 July 2026