Rutland / Gaumont
Opened in April 1930 by the
General Theatre Corporation / Gaumont. Architect was T. Bowhill
Gibson . Original seating was for 2,187. Renamed in March 1950. Closed
immediately after a fire, in May 1963. Demolished in 1966.
Exterior photo above courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive at the
National Library of Scotland. Interior images courtesy of the
Cinema Theatre Association Archive.
Richard Telfer at the 3/11 Ingram Organ
Organ
The organ was removed in 1958.





