ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Demolished

EDINBURGH CINEMA RECORD

Picture House

111, Princes Street

View location on Google Maps
Picture House, EdinburghView full size

Picture House

Opened July 20th 1910 at 6.30pm. Operated by PCT in an

existing older building designed by architect Sir Robert Rowand

Anderson. Cinema designed by architect RM Cameron, with seating for

around 500, plus a tearoom and smoking room. Closed in November 24th 1923

for conversion to a shop.

The Evening News described it on opening as a 'handsomely appointed little theatre'.

A New Picture House opened in 1925 elsewhere on Princes Street.

Photo above courtesy of the Gould Theatre Collection .

Last updated: 14/8/26 at 18:48 by gbarr