ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Demolished

EDINBURGH CINEMA RECORD

Blue Halls

Other names: Beverley

3, Lauriston Street

View location on Google Maps
Blue Halls, EdinburghView full size

Blue Halls / Beverley

Opened January 1930 on site of market - older façade was

kept. Original seating was for 1,760. Renamed, April 1954 and altered

for Cinemascope. Closed November 1959. Demolished for a pub.

Photo c.1930 courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive at the National Library of Scotland.

Last updated: 15 August 2026