ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Demolished

EDINBURGH CINEMA RECORD

Astoria

10, Manse Road, Corstorphine

View location on Google Maps
Astoria, EdinburghView full size

Astoria

Manse Road, Corstorphine

Opened 1st January 1930 by FR Graham-Yooll.

Designed by T. Bowhill Gibson to seat 1,228.

Featured a 2/4 (2 manuals, 4 ranks of pipes) organ built by Ingram

(of Edinburgh).

Later sold to Kingsway Ents. Closed 29 January 1974.

Demolished c.1976 and replaced by a supermarket.

Image above courtesy of Tony Moss Archive / Cinema Theatre

Association Archive; another exterior

Images above courtesy of Larry Mcguire, Scottish Theatre Organ Preservation

Society

Demolition photos below from 1976 courtesy of Alistair Kerr.

Last updated: 15 August 2026