83, High Street, Cowdenbeath
Picture House
Edit ↗Other names: New Picture House
View location on Google Mapsfacebook.com →
Graham KellyOpened in 1920 but plans may have existed for a cinema on the site since before the First World War. Pupils from Broad Street School were treated to a free screening on opening day.
Sat around 1,500. Renamed New Picture House in 1935 by when taken over by Sir Alexander B. King. Transferred again to the J.B. Milne circuit in the early 1950s.
Bingo part-time until the 1980s, then full-time. Was run as a Premier Bingo until the Covid pandemic, after which it seems to have become a social club with occasional bingo called Shorty's.
Projectors still in situ.


