ScottishCinemas.orgARCHIVE & DIRECTORY
Demolished

BARRHEAD CINEMA RECORD

Pavilion

Other names: George

Main Street

View location on Google Maps
Pavilion, BarrheadView full size

Opened 1911 by George Urie Scott, on ground originally used a cooperage.

This replaced his earlier Barrhead Picture Playhouse, which had been converted from a roller skating rink.

The Pavilion was rebuilt 1935 by McNair & Elder.

Renamed George from 1969; closed 1977.

Later demolished in the mid 1980s.

Photo above c.1983 and playbill below courtesy of Ted Easdon.

Click on the 1939 playbill on the left to see a larger version.

Last updated: 29 July 2026