All photos and archive materials courtesy of Jim Brooks. Opened in December 1934, and designed by architect TS Sutherland. It originally sat 2,060.
It closed as a cinema in August 1966, and was run on bingo for a few months, before being demolished in 1967.
The organist is Bobby Pagan, photographed in the 1950s. The organ had a glass console and stool - which apparently cooked the organists - with changing colours (pinks, yellows and sea greens).
1936 Brochure
















